Taking you the last mile.
Many vendors talk about image sharing. Generally, these vendors focus on the exchange of images between facilities or, in other words, eliminating the need to use CDs for image to exchange. None of these vendors are thinking about how to solve the gap that remains once images are moved from one facility to another. We refer to this as the “last mile” problem.
How are outside images accepted by an institution and integrated into existing systems and clinical workflows? The processes used to accept outside images are manual, slow and complicated. These processes often delay patient care. The Vitrea Image Sharing solution solves the “last mile” problem by automating the processes for outside image ingestion, allowing clinicians fast access to outside images within their current workflow. Closing the gap and completing the image sharing workflow benefits the department, the enterprise and ultimately the patient.
Image Sharing Benefits
- Automates and simplifies the process of accepting outside studies, whether the studies are on CD or DVD, or they’re obtained through another vendor
- Allows timely access to images at the point of care, independent of the process of transferring to storage
- Simplifies and decentralizes image upload process, allowing you the ability to send studies to other physicians or institutions directly, via any image exchange system/workflow
- Automates the process of moving studies between an institution’s PACS systems:
- Enterprise-wide prefetch from all available PACS systems
- Ad-hoc query from a PACS workstation across all available PACS systems
- Reconciles all patient demographics and study metadata appropriately
- Share or import DICOM and multimedia images between users inside and outside of your organization through an intuitive interface that can be launched through the EMR
- Optimize use of existing investments, including image exchange systems
- Enhancing the patient experience by reducing repeat images and providing data access for the patient